Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fire and Ice: Grilling in the Snow.

I love food but I have a few weaknesses; Anything grilled and pizza (I'm an American after all). When the two are combined, you can usually find me drooling not far from the scene. One of my favorite things about pizza is how versitile it can be.  There may not be a spouse out there for you, but there sure is a pizza soul-mate waiting for you.

This is my pizza soul-mate.

Grilled Curry Pizza.

Ingredients:
1 c.  Cooked Curry Chicken and Vegetables ( I usually use leftovers, but you can always make it fresh.)
1lb of pizza dough
1/4 cup Mango diced small
1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella
4 oz of goat cheese
Olive Oil

Preheat the grill to about 450 F

Ok, first thing to tackle is the dough. You can either make it yourself, or pick up a ball of it at your local grocery/pizza place. I use a real simple recipe that I found online (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/detail.aspx) and of course some of my own twists as well. I use honey instead of sugar. This particular pizza also goes very well on Nan, an Indian flat bread.

After you have made or purchased your dough you are going to have to form it. I like a thin round pizza. I'm a New Yorker, what else do you expect? You can either roll your dough with a rolling pin or toss and stretch it.
Once your dough is formed and your grill heated you will want to take everything to the grill with you. I like to prep everything ahead of time that way when I am ready for it I can just grab and go.

Once the oven is hot enough I like to use an old kitchen towel or bush to oil the grill grates with the Olive Oil.
After the grill is heated and the grates are oiled you will place your dough on the grill.

This will all go very quickly, so it is best to be prepared.

You will assemble your pizza as follows:
          Spread the curry mixture on top of the do.ugh. On top of the curry you will add small crumbles of goat cheese and lightly sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over top. The last thing to go on the pizza will be the mango. Now you just watch and wait. It should take about 5 minutes for a nice crispy crust and bubbly gooey cheese.

My SD card is stuck in my camera. Pics to follow as soon as I can get it out. Or after I smash it, buy a new camera and cook another pizza.
Enjoy!

1 comment: